PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING POLICY
Last updated: October 11th, 2021
POP'S! is brought to you by Microbe Games. At Microbe Games, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use (collectively “use”) our game, “Pop's” (the “Game”); and
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through the Game.
Microbe Games will be the entity responsible for your data.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When using the Game, you may provide us with certain types of information which may include, information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, username, platform id, email address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- Personal information that you provide directly to the third party marketplace where you purchase the Game (“Marketplace”), for example the Oculus Quest Store or the Steam Store, may be shared with us by these Marketplaces.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide when you sign up for a Marketplace account.
- Information that you provide when you purchase the Game.
- Information that you provide if you contact us directly, for example, for customer support.
- Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you use the Game it may use technology to automatically collect:
Usage Details. When you use the Game, the Marketplace account which you use to access and/or log into the Game may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Game including your account id, traffic data, location data, logs, and other gameplay statistics and the resources that you access and use on or through the Game. We don’t collect this information firsthand, however the Marketplace may provide us with this information.
Device Information. The Marketplace may collect, and may provide us with, information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, and operating system.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Game.
Information Collection Technologies
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Game, and any other information, products or services that you specifically request from us.
- Improve and optimize the Game and our users’ experiences.
- Fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- Notify you when Game updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To fulfill your purchases and send you rewards.
- Communicate with you about our offerings.
- To provide you with customer support.
- Prevent or investigate user complaints, possible fraud or other violations of our Terms of Service or for other security purposes.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Game and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, demographics and usage patterns.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Microbe Games's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Microbe Games about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our Terms of Service.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Microbe Games, our customers or others.
Where, How and How Long We Store Your Information
We store your information securely in the United States using third-party vendors and hosting partners who implement industry standard security measures. By using the Services, you authorize us to transfer, store and process your information in the United States and any other country where we operate.
We keep your information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or until you ask us to delete it, whichever occurs first. For example, if you have an account with us, we will retain the personal information associated with your account for the lifetime of your account, and for twelve months thereafter in case you wish to reactivate your account. If applicable laws require us to store your information for a longer period, then we will keep your information for the period of time required by law. When it is no longer necessary or required for us to retain your data, we will delete it.
Your Rights and Choices
Data Rights of European Residents
The laws of the European Economic Area and other territories provide their residents with certain data protection rights. If you are resident of the European Economic Area, these are your rights:
The right to access – You have the right to request Microbe Games provide you with copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Microbe Games correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Microbe Games to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that Microbe Games erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Microbe Games restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Microbe Games’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Microbe Games transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Third-Party Information Collection
Some content or applications on the Game are served by third parties, for example the Marketplaces. When you use the Game or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you download, access or use the Game. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different games, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.